Tuesday 21 June 2016

Systematic review

It answers a defined research question by collecting and summarising all empirical evidence that fits pre-specified eligibility criteria [1]. It is a thorough, comprehensive, and explicit way of interrogating the medical literature. It typically involves several steps, including asking an answerable question, identifying one or more databases to search, developing an explicit search strategy, selecting titles, abstracts, and manuscripts based on explicit inclusion and exclusion criteria, and abstracting data in a standardized format [2]. They often, but not always, use statistical techniques (meta-analysis) to combine results of eligible studies, or at least use scoring of the levels of evidence depending on the methodology used. While many systematic reviews are based on an explicit quantitative meta-analysis of available data, there are also qualitative systematic reviews which adhere to standards for gathering, analyzing and reporting evidence. A review of existing studies is often quicker and cheaper than embarking on a new study. Systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials are key in the practice of evidence-based medicine [3].
Bibliographic references:
[1] Ccace.ed.ac.uk. (2013). Systematic reviews and meta-analyses: a step-by-step guide | www.ccace.ed.ac.uk. [online] Available at: http://www.ccace.ed.ac.uk/research/software-resources/systematic-reviews-and-meta-analyses [Accessed 21 Jun. 2016].
[2] Researchcore.org. (2016). ResearchCore.org - What is the difference between a "systematic review" and a "meta-analysis"?. [online] Available at: http://www.researchcore.org/faq/answers.php?recID=5 [Accessed 21 Jun. 2016].
[3] Wikipedia. (2016). Systematic review. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systematic_review [Accessed 21 Jun. 2016].

2 comments:

  1. Hello views join my to appreciate Dr. Ajayi for the great work he did for me, that have be my happiest day in my life this true life story you should pickup a point. I have been diagnose of herpes virus for years,I’ve lost all hope and that there is no cure and I have been taken medicine to sustain myself till I got to know about Dr. Ajayi through a friend who he cured of herpes. I contacted him and he sent me his herbal remedy which I took as he directed me to do for some days and I went to the hospital after consuming his Herbal medicine and I was confirmed herpes Negative after years of pains and suffering , it is indeed a miracle, Dr. Ajayi is a great man, I have heard so much about how he has help lot of people, if you have any issue you can contact him for help.via email him on. ajayiherbalhome@gmail.com  you can as well call his mobile number or add him on whatsapp +2348154724883..

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2 weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2349019328641) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis    

    ReplyDelete